Monday, December 22, 2014

What I'm Reading Now || Elsa Schiaparelli A Biography By Meryle Secrest


I am so excited that I received this gift from Blogging for Books and I can't wait to read it and review the latest book in my collection. This biography is about the French fashion designer Elsa Schiaparelli who had a wild and fantastic style to her clothes and accessories. 




Elsa Schiaparelli was known as the Queen of Fashion and her fashions were huge in the 20's competitive against the well-know Coco Chanel. Her style was sexy, eccentric, wild and luxurious. More people would have known of her today if it wasn't for the change in style and times that she felt she shouldn't have to conform. Her fashions would be hugely popular today if she did a few things differently during a crucial time of change in the world.



This book is so thick and filled with beautiful pictures of Elsa and her fashions and I cannot wait to finish it and share my honest review with you. 


Have you read this biography (which is supposed to be one of the best, written by Meryle Secrest)? If so, what did you think of it? Do you know of Elsa Schiaparelli and her fashions? Let me know in the comments below. 

"Dare to be different"
-Elsa Schiaparelli 

xo
Redefine & Align

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment and feedback...We love to hear you express!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...